If you want to set up a business which can really help the community and earn you substantial revenue then you should consider selling medical marijuana in one of the legal states.
This unique service gives you complete guidance on starting a medical marijuana dispensary. It will save you time and take away the stress of applying to become a licensed marijuana dispensary. Your chances of having your application approved will increase. Also they provide additional guidance on how to run your marijuana dispensary or delivery service.
The way things are going, cultivating and supplying legal marijuana has got to be a growth industry in more ways than one; in fact, it has been labeled the green rush. If you’re wondering how to get in on this burgeoning health care sector you are not alone.
Don’t be fooled into thinking this is easy money, though. Opening a medical marijuana dispensary is by no means straight-forward; neither is running one because, as far as federal law is concerned, marijuana – medical or not – is illegal, period.
In this article we give you some points to steer you in the right direction.
1. Create A Business Plan
2. Get Funding
Be realistic, you will need at least $30,000 to set up; this figure includes the following essentials:
- Security deposit
- Marijuana Dispensary Software
- Security guard
- Computer system
- Merchant Facilities for accepting credit cards
- Security system
- Display cases
- Legal Advice
- Guide to opening a medical marijuana dispensary
- Phone line
- Office equipment
It does not include:
- related merchandise
3. Form a Corporation
Just as with any other start up business, you need to create a business plan. Most medical marijuana lawyers recommend that you form a corporation for maximum protection. The type of corporation will depend on the law in your particular state; one thing is certain, you cannot open a Federal 501(c) (3) corporation because as far as the Federal Law is concerned, marijuana is illegal, period. Instead you need to open a C-corporation:
- Choose an available business name that complies with your state’s corporation rules
- Appoint the initial directors of your corporation
- File formal paperwork, usually called “articles of incorporation,” and pay a filing fee that ranges from $100 to $800, depending on the state where you are incorporating
- Create corporate “bylaws,” which lay out the operating rules for your corporation
- Hold the first meeting of your board of directors;
- Issue stock certificates to the initial owners (shareholders) of the corporation
- Obtain city and county business licenses, which will involve:
- Meetings with relevant city and county officials
- Meetings with relevant city and county government agencies
- Discussing the current laws and possible liabilities with the potential landlord
- Patient registration and record cards
- Staff timesheets
- Daily stationery
Medical marijuana is valuable and sought after item. A dispensary needs solid procedures in place to assure that its medicine isn't being stolen. This will demand repeated physical counts of the products on hand and also accurate collection/accounting of sales. Preferably the dispensary’s point-of-sales program (POS) will track the dispensary’s inventory. You'll need the ability to know what the present inventory available is at any particular time. A deviation report (POS count vs. actual) is your best way to identify problems. In case your greenroom/sales register employee switches shifts mid-day, you'll choose to cross verify by performing a count then as well. You may encounter an instance exactly where one strain of medical marijuana is a few grams short but a different strain is a few grams over (but overall totals balance). This would reveal that the incorrect product was run through the POS system. You have to be far more concerned with the overall variance total (which combines all the various strains).The variance report is a superb process to have in place and will deter personnel from trying to steal.
As already stated, much of what you do will be governed by medical marijuana state-laws and, before you go any further, we strongly suggest you make yourself familiar with the laws for the state where you propose to open your marijuana dispensary.
Most of the news you receive comes from Six Mega corporations that have BANNED this info. Re Post to Reddit, Digg, Facebook, Twitter.
This blog has been shifted!(Due to Censorship) Blog has been shifted to:
Articles and videos from now on will be posted at:
Underground America Inc.
Follow on YouTube
NEW!! Underground Forum Post anything!!
PLEASE EXCUSE OUR DUST -C.RICE